Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: SHERLOCK HOLMES' MINI-MYSTERIES


SHERLOCK HOLMES' MINI-MYSTERIES
Tom Bullimore
Sterling Publishing Company
2005

Available: paperback

   This is a book of 100 mini mysteries for the reader to solve along with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. The mysteries are actually logic and math problems disguised under the title "mysteries." At first I was very disappointed because the book jacket didn't clue me in on that little detail. It led me to believe I was going to be "cracking criminal cases." NOT reading a book of math word problems, which I hated as a kid. Once I got over my disappointment, I looked at the mini mysteries a little closer and have to admit, they are kind of clever and could have made my math classes a little more interesting. The book also has a lot of fun graphics.

Target audience: Math students & math teachers


No comments: